[R-sig-Geo] Restricting geographical space for SDM analyses in R

Ben Tupper btupper @end|ng |rom b|ge|ow@org
Mon Nov 16 21:11:57 CET 2020

Hi,

You can limit the domain of your modeling to irregular polygons such
as a coastline buffered to some +/- distance inshore/offshore, but the
ease of doing so depends upon your data and covariates. You haven't
provided much detail (well, none actually) so it's a challenge to
suggest anything.  For the vector/point data take a look at the sf
package (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=sf) or sp
(https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=sp) packages, and for rasterized
data you could try raster (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=raster),
terra (https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=terra) or stars