[R-sig-Geo] Parcel scale or aggregation

John Morgan jmorg@n3 @end|ng |rom uw|@edu
Tue Apr 21 15:33:17 CEST 2020

Hello, I am working on preparing data for to run in a spatial
autoregression model (probably SEM). You are one of the most well
grounded people I am aware of in this type of methodology. I am hoping you can
help me with a simple question.

My question is this: we have the data at the scale of the parcel (or
household) and there are a couple of hounded thousand records across the
size of a large metropolitan area. When feeding the data into the
model, is there
a reason/requirement to aggregate our data variable to some boundary scale
such as a city block? Or is it ok to keep it at the parcel scale? We are
interested in analyzing characteristics at e.g. household level similar to
a hedonic model.

Thanks for any feedback.