[R-sig-Geo] Question spgwr package - running time gwr()

Raphael Mesaric r@ph@e|@me@| @end|ng |rom y@hoo@de
Fri May 17 14:58:21 CEST 2019

Dear Roger,

Thank you very much for your reply.

My thesis supervisor told me to use GWR to explore small-scale differences and test the consistency of the SAR models.

So, I tried to fit the GWR model with all my observations. However, if I understood you correctly, I would have to choose smaller sections of the grid and try to fit a GWR there. What I am not sure about how to do this in order to get informative results.

As for the SAR model, the dependent variable consists n blocks where the m-th entry of each block corresponds to the m-th cell of my grid. So, if I have to reduce the grid to about 5K entries, I would need to take a subset of roughly 250 cells and then take all the 20 observations for each of these cells? And then try to fit a GWR there?

Best,

Raphael