[R-sig-Geo] Kriging question, please

Jari Oksanen j@r|@ok@@nen @end|ng |rom ou|u@||
Thu Dec 19 20:11:34 CET 2019

Howdy,

Danie Kriege  [dɑniː ˈkriχə]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:IPA/Afrikaans> was a mining engineer. I find it very hard to believe there is a practicing engineer who thinks that you can find a gold mine only if you have collected data in a regular grid (if that is what you mean with “regular data"). Indeed, his methods can be used for usual prospecting data – which typically is irregular or not in a regular grid.

Cheers, J.