[R-sig-Geo] Library version mis-match

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Thu Sep 20 20:37:59 CEST 2018

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  If the r-help list is better suited for this question let me know and I'll
> move the thread there.

No, this is the right list, but always include the output of
sessionInfo(), and the startup messages shown by rgdal and rgeos when they
are attached.

>  Installed here are gdal-2.2.4 and geos-3.7.0

How many other versions of gdal and/or geos do you have? It looks as
though libgdal was built against libgeos-3.6.3, but you upgraded libgeos
later, removing that version. Easiest is having one version only, and
building everything in lockstep (PROJ and GEOS, then GDAL, then rgdal
and/or GRASS) and having only one version of each. Both rgdal and rgeos
may suffer from being installed with the versions shown by gdal-config and
geos-config, but finding different versions in the dynamic library load
path. I'm assuming you are neither on Windows nor MacOS - all this is
sorted out on CRAN in binary rgdal and rgeos (and sf) packages for those
platforms.

Hope this helps,

Roger