[R-sig-Geo] Library version mis-match

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @ending from @ppl-eco@y@@com
Thu Sep 20 20:47:38 CEST 2018

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, Roger Bivand wrote:

> No, this is the right list, but always include the output of sessionInfo(),
> and the startup messages shown by rgdal and rgeos when they are attached.

Roger,

   I'll include more information the next time I have an issue.

> How many other versions of gdal and/or geos do you have? It looks as though
> libgdal was built against libgeos-3.6.3, but you upgraded libgeos later,

   This might well be the issue. geos was upgraded from the summer's 3.6.3 to
the very recent 3.7.0 and when I run weekly upgrades to installed
Slackbuilds.org packages that was upgraded. I'll rebuild gdal and check that
the issue is resolved.

   Not long ago I did rebuild the sequence proj -> geos -> gdal -> grass and
the R upgrade might have missed that.

Many thanks,

Rich