[R-sig-Geo] Transform hexagonal to raster - a wife's question

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@lee @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jul 30 18:53:07 CEST 2018

Hi!

I nearly didn't open this email thread: glad I did!

I have some odd R tools for weaving, but nothing for beading.

I suspect this is the best way to do it, although the actual result
would depend on the particular pattern.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art61406.asp

Whether it's worth writing R code to perform this task depends a lot
on how many patterns need to be converted.

A more R-geo approach might be to import the original pattern from an
image file, turn it into spatial polygons, then rasterize it,
completely ignoring the hexagonal nature of the original. With some
playing with the raster grid size, you could probably get a decent
approximation.

Sarah