[R-sig-Geo] Deal with multiple factorlevel in one grid square

Miriam Püts miriam.puets at thuenen.de
Wed May 24 12:35:37 CEST 2017

Hi Mike,

I will try to explain it a bit more in detail. Maybe it is easier to understand if I start from the end. In the end I would like to have an ASCII file to read into Ecospace, which has the same extensions and coordinates as other files I already created. This ASCII should contain information about the sediment type within each predefined cell. To create this ASCII file I have a shape file with the polygons representing the sediment type and my grid which I applied to other variables to have the same extend. Now I would like to create a grid containing the information on sediment. Here, per grid cell the sediment type which covers the most of the cell should be defined and connected with the coordinates for the grid cell.

I hope this makes it more clear...

Miriam Püts
Marine Lebende Ressourcen/ Marine Living Resources
Thünen-Institut für Seefischerei/ Thünen Institute of Sea fisheries
Palmaille 9
22767 Hamburg (Germany)

Tel: +49 40 38905-105