[R-sig-Geo] Deal with multiple factorlevel in one grid square

Patrick Schratz patrick.schratz at gmail.com
Wed May 24 14:48:02 CEST 2017

Do you want to do what is called “zonal statistics” in ArcGIS with “majority" option?

You may check out this SO question and try the “mode” function within raster::extract() - maybe it does what you need.

(I’m also unsure if I understand the question correctly)

Cheers, Pat

PhD Student at Department of Geography - GIScience group
Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany
Tel.: +49-3641-9-48973
Web: https://pat-s.github.io