[R-sig-Geo] Deal with multiple factorlevel in one grid square

Michael Sumner mdsumner at gmail.com
Wed May 24 11:55:14 CEST 2017

raster::extract(grid, poly, weights = TRUE) is a start. It returns a list
which is painful to deal with at first, but can be collected into one data
frame for standard summarizing.

I'm still a bit confused about whether you want an estimate of a cell
overlap in a polygon or something else.

Cheers, Mike