[R-sig-Geo] Deal with multiple factorlevel in one grid square

Miriam Püts miriam.puets at thuenen.de
Wed May 24 09:12:22 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem: I have a personalized grid and a shape file with polygons representing sediment types. Now I would like to apply this grid to the Polygons to identify the sediment type most common within each grid. I tried it with rasterize, but here I can only chose last or first. Die you have any suggestions how I might get the sediment type for each raster cell?

Thank you for your help!

Miriam Püts
Marine Lebende Ressourcen/ Marine Living Resources
Thünen-Institut für Seefischerei/ Thünen Institute of Sea fisheries
Palmaille 9
22767 Hamburg (Germany)

Tel:  +49 40 38905-105
Mail: miriam.puets at thuenen.de