[R-sig-Geo] Building a prediction raster when the statistical model was built from sampling units of different sizes

Nelly Reduan nell.redu at hotmail.fr
Thu Jun 9 17:38:12 CEST 2016

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your answer. My objective is to build a predictive map of capture success of striped skunks at large scale in order to delineate areas of high abundance of striped skunks that are susceptible to promote disease transmission. My GAM was used to assess the relationship between proportions of land cover types and capture success within trapping sites. Then, I estimated a capture success value within homogeneous grid cells of 2km x 2km from my GAM that was built from capture success data associated with trapping sites of different sizes. I also think that the approach is quite problematic. So, I am trying to view whether or not there are solutions to minimize bias in the predictions.

Thank you very much for your time.

Have a nice day.

Nell