[R-sig-Geo] query regarding gwr.gauss from the spgwr library

Simone Ruzza simone.ruzza12 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 03:43:17 CEST 2015

Dear list,

apologies for the total beginner's question. I would like to use
gwr.gauss function to calculate weights "manually" without resorting
to ggwr.sel.   I have seen the example from the spgwr manual:

plot(seq(-10,10,0.1), gwr.Gauss(seq(-10,10,0.1)^2, 3.5), type="l")

I was wondering if anyone knows of an example with a real dataset
(e.g. the columbus dataset that comes with the package). I understand
that this function is a key step in ggwr.sel, but, when looking into
ggwr.sel, I could not work out how it calculates the vector of squared
distances between observations and fit point for the dataset provided
in the package.

thanks in advance for your help,

Simone