[R-sig-Geo] use_ob_tran in projectRaster?

Brian zenlines at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:23:50 CEST 2015

Dear Robert, dear list,

when using a rotated pole in rgdal::spTransform, I can set
use_ob_tran=TRUE to perform an oblique transformation (whatever that
means :)).  I'm missing this functionality in projectRaster.  I expect
this option will being useful with increasing use of R and the package
raster (great package!) for netcdf data,  which is very common in the
climate/meteorological modeling, who often use a rotated pole.

May I ask for this option to be included in the next version?

Many thanks again!

Cheers,
Brian