[R-sig-Geo] spatial statistics/regional factors analysis

Joshua Onyango jaonyango at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 12:00:50 CEST 2015

Hello all,
I am new to this site and also learning on how to use R
I have disease data with several variables as risk factors
I want to see if the factors could be used to explain the variations on disease distribution in 8 Regions of England
I have tried to come up with code on how to do this in R but not sure if I am on the right track.
I have used breed as example here thus thinking of doing the following:
region=glm(formula=as.factor(orf.no.orf2012)~factor(Region.Coding)*factor(Breed),family= binomial("logit"))

Any advise would be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Josh