[R-sig-Geo] projecting shape files, in R?

Alessandra Carioli alessandracarioli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:32:39 CEST 2014

Dear Mailing list members,

I need a projected shape file but I don’t have the .prj information and I was wondering if anything like projecting a shape file to obtain coordinates in longitude and latitude can be done. My issue is that I am producing semivariograms and, although I think distances are in meters, I want to be 100% sure. Also, being the considered area rather big (Europe) considering the projected coordinated would make my computation more precise.

Any ideas?

Ale