[R-sig-Geo] projecting shape files, in R?

Janka Vanschoenwinkel janka.vanschoenwinkel at uhasselt.be
Fri Oct 3 13:54:16 CEST 2014

Dear Alessandra,

I am still relatively new in using R, but I can make my .prj files myself.
By using the following command, I can make a shapefile with the information
I already uploaded. It gives me the .dbf, .prj, .shp and .shx files.

writeOGR(data, dsn = ".", layer ='choose name', driver = 'ESRI Shapefile')

You didn't give a lot of information so I don't know exactly if this line
is also applicable to your case. I think it depends on your data, but maybe
somebody more experienced can give additional or other advice. Or you can
look up the code line I wrote in the help box!

Good luck!

Janka