[R-sig-Geo] specification tests

Feichtinger, Paul paul.feichtinger at tum.de
Thu Oct 2 21:00:30 CEST 2014

Dear mailing list members,

we estimate a general spatial model to investigate the determinants of agricultural land prices. The functional form is a log-log specification. In testing we perform, among others, "spatial-tests" like Moran's I and LM tests. Our question is, are there any possibilities to test for misspecification  of the functional form (e.g., log-log vs. semi-log vs. linear) 1) which make sense in this circumstances and 2) which are available in R packages like sphet?

Any comments would be of great help!

Thank you,

Paul

---
Technische Universität München - TUM
Paul Feichtinger
Lehrstuhl für Volkswirtschaftslehre, Umweltökonomie und Agrarpolitik

Alte Akademie 14
85354 Freising
Tel: +49.8161.71.3574
Fax: +49.8161.71.3408