[R-sig-Geo] Azimuthal equidistant projection and rgdal

Johan Mazel johan.mazel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 07:56:56 CET 2012

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding your last paragraph, I am not really sure to understand.
Do you mean that the result is expected in regards to the script (and
rgdal use) ?
Or do you mean that azimuthal equidistant projection is not
possible/valid on any other points than the two poles ? Because, if it
is the latter, Synder's book seems to disagree. If you look at figure
41.C, it looks like azimuthal equidistant projection centered on a
different point than on of the two pole is possible.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Johan