[R-sig-Geo] Local Moran's I spatial weights

Daniel Wicks djrwicks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:27:28 CEST 2012

I have a number of random sample points across a study area.  At each point an observation has been made as to the occurrence of an event, marked accordingly with a 0 or 1 based on a presence or absence of the event.  I am interested in visualising the spatial association between these points.  I therefore want to create a map showing local variation of Moran's I but in the form of a continuous surface across the entire study area.  You can achieve this in GWR using the fit.points weighted by distances from the data points to produce a map of local variation in regression.  I am trying to do something similar with Moran's I.

I apologise for the confusion as I am not best sure how to express my query.

Dan.