[R-sig-Geo] Local Moran's I spatial weights

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jun 12 13:37:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, djrwicks wrote:

> Thank you, a geographically weighted measure of Moran's I sounds like a
> sensible description of what I am trying to achieve.  Is it possible to
> calculate this using GW weights?

Please do quote the thread, because nabble servers do go over capacity (as
at present), and the context is lost.

I replied to your first post by asking for more precision. I still don't
have it. What do you mean by "a geographically weighted measure of
Moran's I"? The spatial weights used in the global and local measures
relate the observations of a variable, where the relationships are
expressed by a weights matrix. The matrix of GW weights would look like
this when the GW data points and fit points are the same points, because
the weights are from fit point i to all data points.

You have not made your needs plain at all, I'm afraid.

Roger