[R-sig-Geo] Exporting spatstat 'pixel image' to Arcview 9.x as an e00 or ascii

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 12 05:30:11 CEST 2011

This is definitely a case of the blind leading the blind, but I thought
I'd chip
in anyway.

Let "Im" be your pixel image.  Do:

xy <- as.matrix(as.data.frame(raster.xy(as.owin(Im))))
v <- lookup.im(Im,xy[,1],xy[,2])
A <- SpatialPixelsDataFrame(points=xy,data=data.frame(v))
B <- as(A,"SpatialGridDataFrame")

Then "B" is an object of class "SpatialGridDataFrame" which ***may*** be
what
you need.  I can't really tell, since I don't understand
SpatialGridDataFrames.

The foregoing is kludgey, almost surely sub-optimal, and quite possibly
wrong .....
But there's a chance it will be of some use to you.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner