[R-sig-Geo] Exporting spatstat 'pixel image' to Arcview 9.x as an e00 or ascii

Honey-Marie de la Giroday honeydelagiroday at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:54:57 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I have a pixel image (im) I received as a .RData file.  I need to
export this pixel image from R in a file format that can be imported
into Arcview 9.x (e.g., .e00 or ascii).

Below is some of the code that I have been trying to use.  I have
reviewed the manuals for rgdal, maptools, sp, and spatstat packages
but have been unable to find another approach to converting the pixel
image to an Arcview raster dataset.  Please note that I have also
searched the R-sig-geo archives and was unable to find this covered
elsewhere.

"#load spatst package
library(spatstat)

#load file with model data
load(file="C:/bestmodel2004.RData")

#Plot best model data for 2004
plot(bestmodel2004)

#Examine attributes of pixel image
attributes(bestmodel2004)
$names
 [1] "v"      "dim"    "xrange" "yrange" "xstep"  "ystep"  "xcol"   "yrow"
 [9] "type"   "units"

$class
[1] "im"

#Load sp package
library(sp)

#Coerce bestmodel2004 (pixel image) to SpatialGridDataFrame
#......how do I do this?......

#Output to Acrview = write.asciigrid(x, fname, attr=1, na.value=-9999.....
#x=SpatialGridDataFrame
#fname=filename
write.asciigrid"

Thank you for your time, and please let me know if I need to provide
further information.

Sincerely,

H.M.C de la Giroday