[R-sig-Geo] GWR with GWT file

Danlin Yu yud at mail.montclair.edu
Thu Mar 11 19:18:17 CET 2010

Jay:

Some time ago, the alternative weighting scheme issue was raised, but no
solution as far as I know was present. As for now, I don't think SPGWR
is taking other weighting schemes than the coordinates determined
distance. I believe it is doable, however, by implementing some sort of
alternative distance and replace the *coord* argument in the gwr function.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Danlin Yu

Jay Douillard ??:
> I'm working on a project where the distance between two polygons may be a poor measure of connectivity(contigious polygons that may have an impassible mountain chain between them. To get a better measure of distance I've used road network distances from population weighted centroids of the polygons. I've created a row standarized gwt style file using arcgis's network tools, and a bit of table editing. I can successfully import this into R.
> File format in "old style GWT"
> for example:
> 473
> 1 2 .111
> 1 3 .22
> 1 4 .66
> 2 1 .11
>

> Is possible to use your own weighting scheme in spgwr? Is it using a listw object? I couldn't find any indication in the documentation.
>
> thanks!
>

> ----
> Jay Douillard
> Geospatial Technical Lead
> 604.827.4401
> Human Early Learning Partnership
> www.earlylearning.ubc.ca

Danlin Yu, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of GIS and Urban Geography
Department of Earth & Environmental Studies
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ, 07043
Tel: 973-655-4313
Fax: 973-655-4072