[R-sig-Geo] GWR with GWT file

Jay Douillard jay.douillard at ubc.ca
Thu Mar 11 18:21:22 CET 2010

I'm working on a project where the distance between two polygons may be a poor measure of connectivity(contigious polygons that may have an impassible mountain chain between them. To get a better measure of distance I've used road network distances from population weighted centroids of the polygons. I've created a row standarized gwt style file using arcgis's network tools, and a bit of table editing. I can successfully import this into R.
File format in "old style GWT"
for example:
473
1 2 .111
1 3 .22
1 4 .66
2 1 .11

Is possible to use your own weighting scheme in spgwr? Is it using a listw object? I couldn't find any indication in the documentation.

thanks!

----
Jay Douillard
Geospatial Technical Lead