[R-sig-Geo] A function to calculate speed between two points

Dave Fifield dave at mun.ca
Thu Mar 11 13:23:35 CET 2010

Hi Lucy,

The R package adehabitat has classes and functions to deal with animal
tracking data. When you import your data into adehabitat (into an object of
class ltraj, using as.ltraj), the speed, turning angles, etc. for each point
are calculated automatically for you and stored in the resulting data frame.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave Fifield
dave at mun.ca
Cognitive and Behavioural Ecology Programme
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, NL
Canada