[R-sig-Geo] rgdal

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:29:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

to install rgdal usually i do :

R64 CMD install rgdal_0.6-27.tar.gz --configure-args='--with-proj-include=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/include --with-proj-lib=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/lib'

to download rgdal, from your local repository (mine is in italy)

http://dssm.unipa.it/CRAN/src/contrib/

download the latest rgdal source (now it is : rgdal_0.6-27.tar.gz)
you need the .tar.gz package so usually i do from the shell :

wget http://dssm.unipa.it/CRAN/src/contrib/rgdal_0.6-27.tar.gz
R64 CMD install rgdal_0.6-27.tar.gz --configure-args='--with-proj-include=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/include --with-proj-lib=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/unix/lib'

hope this helps.

Ciao,

Massimo.