[R-sig-Geo] rgeos and Google Summer of Code

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 09:14:54 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Edzer Pebesma
<edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de> wrote:

> For some reason the r-forge pages don't show anymore how r-forge
> packages can be installed. As they always did, I didn't bother to
> remember. Could you tell us, so we can alpha test, and perhaps add this
> to the rgeos page on r-forge? (Better would be someone repaired r-forge,
> which seems to have broken layouts ever since the Vienna power crash)

 If you go to the 'Packages' section of an R-forge project, you can see:

"""
To install this package directly within R type:
install.packages("rgeos", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
"""

 but yes, I'm fairly sure it used to say it on each main project page...

Barry