[R-sig-Geo] rgeos and Google Summer of Code

Hadley Wickham hadley at rice.edu
Tue Jun 15 14:40:55 CEST 2010

>> For some reason the r-forge pages don't show anymore how r-forge
>> packages can be installed. As they always did, I didn't bother to
>> remember. Could you tell us, so we can alpha test, and perhaps add this
>> to the rgeos page on r-forge? (Better would be someone repaired r-forge,
>> which seems to have broken layouts ever since the Vienna power crash)
>
>  If you go to the 'Packages' section of an R-forge project, you can see:
>
> """
> To install this package directly within R type:
> install.packages("rgeos", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> """
>
>  but yes, I'm fairly sure it used to say it on each main project page...

But as per the blog post:

The package is available at r-forge
(http://rgeos.r-forge.r-project.org/) where it can be downloaded from
svn. Binary packages will not be available for the foreseeable future
due to the dependency on GEOS. With GEOS version 3.2 or later
installed it should be straight forward to install the package from
source if you would like to play with prerelease versions.

Hadley

http://had.co.nz/