[R-sig-Geo] goodness of fit for anisotropic model in 4 directions

Kerry Ritter kerryr at sccwrp.org
Fri Aug 27 16:22:13 CEST 2010

HI I am looking for a goodness of fit measure in the case of an
anisotropic variogram model fit in 4 directions.  I want to be able to
compare between different fitting algorithms, so a measure that is
independent of the fitting method is key.  I also want to compare
between different models (ie. anisotropic with linear trend vs
anisotropic).  Does anyone know if such a measure exists in one of the R
libraries?  Three seems to be a measure "SSErr" in gstat using
fit.variogram that may work when all parameters are fixed, but I do not
know how the statistic is calculated.  Can someone provide me with a
formula for this computation in the case of fitting a variogram in 4
directions? Alternatively can you help me with a different goodness of
fit formula that I could program myself in R?
Thanks,
Kerry

--
Kerry Ritter, Ph.D.