[R-sig-Geo] class for georeferenced time series

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Sat Apr 3 22:21:46 CEST 2010

Hi Wouter,
I'm not an sp developer. Anyway, I think you should take into account
memory issues for hydrological modelling. So, depending on the functions
you are preparing, to include all the attributes of sp classes in time
series (either spatially lumped or distributed) passed as arguments to the
underlying functions (I guess C code), may make your code slower (e.g., if
it is to conduct MC runs or optimizations). So, perhaps some functions
should be stripped of all attributes, mostly if spatial distributed models
are to be used. Of course this may not apply within a very few years.

Best wishes,
Javier
---
Javier García-Pintado