[R-sig-Geo] class for georeferenced time series

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Sat Apr 3 22:30:08 CEST 2010

Dear Wouter,

as to your question on related work, Blair Christian has started two
threads on this list:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2009-September/006435.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-geo/2009-September/006491.html

and the resulting work is now at r-forge, called spt, see
http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/spt

it is a mix of classes and methods for spatio-temporal data and
functions that are needed for his particular research domain. It has a
vignette.

For the two suggestions you make I cannot say much; if you have running
prototypes I'd be happy to look at them.

Simply adding an sp object to a time series (as attribute) [or a set of
time stamps to an sp object] means that you'll sacrifice the
multi-atribute space for multiple spatial entities [time entities], so
your objects become univariable. That might only work as a short-term
solution; next time you'll want to work with water chemistry data.

Best regards,
--
Edzer