[R-sig-Geo] extract values to points

Alexander Brenning brenning at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 5 23:17:51 CET 2009

Hi Frauke,

in the RSAGA package there is a function pick.from.ascii.grid which does
exactly what you want. Even works with large grids as it can process
them row by row. I use it for extracting point data from stacks of
Landsat bands, terrain attributes etc.

Here a case study (landslide susceptibility modeling):

http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/u/brenning/Brenning-2008-RSAGA.html

also available as pdf:
http://www.environment.uwaterloo.ca/u/brenning/Brenning-2008-RSAGA.pdf

I hope this helps