[R-sig-Geo] imaging geoRglm binomial krig

Nicola Batchelor N.A.Batchelor at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 12:18:06 CET 2009

Hi Ken,

I've also been using geoRglm for similar analyses, and found the prediction
to be a bit fickle when it comes to the prediction grids!

I was having similar problems to yours and the only thing that I could do to
make it work was to alter the way I made my prediction grids.  How are you
creating yours?

What I was doing initially was creating the prediction points in ArcMap,
adding the covariate data to it and then exporting and importing to R which
didn't work.

I ended up changing my method, so I'd create the prediction points in R
using the pred_grid function, then export that and import the points to
ArcMap.  Then I'd attach all the covariate data to the prediction points and
then export from ArcMap and import to R as a covariate object (and also use
the prediction points created using pred_grid as my prediction locations).

I hope this helps you a bit, but perhaps your problem is not the same as
mine was!

Nicola