[R-sig-Geo] New release of rgdal

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Fri Jan 16 22:18:56 CET 2009

Hi Roger,

I am working on FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT with R-2.8.1. PROJ4 is installed as
'port' in version 'proj-4.6.1'.

As for older versions of rgdal, your actual package rgdal_0.6-1 does not
recognize the presence and location of proj4 on FreeBSD systems. With
the following script I am used to get a complete install:

#!/bin/sh
R CMD INSTALL --configure-args='--with-proj-lib=/usr/local/lib'
rgdal_0.6-1.tar.gz

Is there any chance to integrate this 'path-finding' in the configure of
  future versions of rgdal?

Thank you for your great work,
Rainer