[R-sig-Geo] Converting kml to shape (readOGR)

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue Jan 6 12:14:59 CET 2009

Hi Henk,

We need more details to be able to solve your problem. What kind of
system are your using (sessionInfo() command)? Could you provide use
with a piece of code that reproduces the error. What was the exact error
and what piece of code generated the error (use traceback()).

cheers,
Paul

ps You replied to an earlier e-mail on the r-sig-geo list([R-sig-Geo]
semivariance analysis of categorical variable). This breaks the
threading and adds your e-mail to the thread of the above mentioned
e-mail. Sending a new e-mail makes a fresh new thread for your problem.

Henk Sierdsema wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to convert a vector kml-file to an ESRI shape with readOGR(), but I don't manage to read the kml-file. Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thnx,
>
> Henk Sierdsema
>

> SOVON Vogelonderzoek Nederland / SOVON Dutch Centre for Field Ornithology
>
> Rijksstraatweg 178
> 6573 DG  Beek-Ubbergen
> The Netherlands
> tel: +31 (0)24 6848145