[R-sig-Geo] color category SpatialGridDataFrame SpatialPolygonsDataFrame Corine Land Cover Global Land Cover 2000

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Dec 31 12:43:00 CET 2009

Patrick Giraudoux a écrit :
> Renaud Lancelot a écrit :
>> Dear Patrick,
>>
>> I recently met this issue. I finally used image() on the
>> SpatialGridDataFrame, defining the appropriate colors using the col
>> argument (étonnant, non ;-)). I have defined the legend using
>> legend(), and I used split.screen() to arrange the plots.
>
> It was my point. In this case, you must have defined many breakpoints
> (to create appropriate intervals for each code) to get all the codes
> at the right color, which is quite tedious, isn't it ? I wonder if
> this can be simplified. Ideally importing a color table. Maybe a new
> function to write (thus to put on the many pending "to do").

PS: by the way if you connect to http://pagesperso-orange.fr/giraudoux/,
you can download an unofficial package 'pgirbric' (when I am sure things
work well I move them to pgirmess). I have written some functions (based
on splancs and sp) to extract info from rasters using buffer centred on
points or polygons. A quite common business in my field of ecology but
with no programmes (to my knowledge) doing it easy. The latest one are
on the development version (I had quite busy Xmas vacation playing on
Alevolar echinococcosis distribution in China).

Cheers,

Patrick