[R-sig-Geo] color category SpatialGridDataFrame SpatialPolygonsDataFrame Corine Land Cover Global Land Cover 2000

Renaud Lancelot renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr
Thu Dec 31 12:40:11 CET 2009

Patrick Giraudoux a écrit :
> Renaud Lancelot a écrit :
>> Dear Patrick,
>>
>> I recently met this issue. I finally used image() on the
>> SpatialGridDataFrame, defining the appropriate colors using the col
>> argument (étonnant, non ;-)). I have defined the legend using
>> legend(), and I used split.screen() to arrange the plots.
>
> It was my point. In this case, you must have defined many breakpoints
> (to create appropriate intervals for each code) to get all the codes at
> the right color, which is quite tedious, isn't it ? I wonder if this can
> be simplified. Ideally importing a color table.

Indeed, that's what I did (the color table was stored in a dbf file).

Happy new year !

Renaud

--
Renaud Lancelot
EDEN Project, coordinator

UMR CIRAD-INRA "Contrôle des maladies animales exotiques et émergentes"
Joint research unit "Control of emerging and exotic animal diseases"

CIRAD, Campus International de Baillarguet TA A-DIR / B
F34398 Montpellier
http://www.cirad.fr  http://bluetongue.cirad.fr/

Tel.  +33 4 67 59 37 17  -  Fax  +33 4 67 59 37 95
Secr. +33 4 67 59 37 37  - Cell. +33 6 77 52 08 69