[R-sig-Geo] color category SpatialGridDataFrame SpatialPolygonsDataFrame Corine Land Cover Global Land Cover 2000

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Thu Dec 31 12:15:04 CET 2009

Renaud Lancelot a écrit :
> Dear Patrick,
>
> I recently met this issue. I finally used image() on the
> SpatialGridDataFrame, defining the appropriate colors using the col
> argument (étonnant, non ;-)). I have defined the legend using
> legend(), and I used split.screen() to arrange the plots.

It was my point. In this case, you must have defined many breakpoints
(to create appropriate intervals for each code) to get all the codes at
the right color, which is quite tedious, isn't it ? I wonder if this can
be simplified. Ideally importing a color table. Maybe a new function to
write (thus to put on the many pending "to do").

> If you wish, I can send you the whole stuff (data and code) in a
> private message (huge datasets).
I appreciate the proposal, but I was just interested in some general
principles and advise...

Have a nice evening...

Cheers,

Patrick