[R-sig-Geo] R vs GSLIB

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 16 13:49:58 CET 2007

Thierry

I have used used both GSTAT and GSLIB a lot and from a usability point
of view, I much prefer GSTAT because of it's ability to interface with
with GRASS GIS. This is particularly true of the standalone version of
GSTAT. I began using GSLIB, and while I continue to make use of it, I
fing GSTAT fits my needs better.

Another factor is that when ever I have encountered problems, Edzer has
been very helpful to me — thank you Edzer!

Regards,
Tom