[R-sig-Geo] R + GRASS in win XP

Michal Gallay mgallay01 at qub.ac.uk
Sat Aug 25 22:48:51 CEST 2007

Dear R Users,

recently I've attempted to run R with GRASS from QGIS GRASS shell in
Windows XP. It was my first try and didn't work.

Would you know if it is actually possible to run R from GRASS shell in
windows environment?

I launched GRASS Shell from QGIS menu, which works via Mingw32 navigated
to R directory, successfully started R from GRASS Shell and loaded spgrass6
package in R.

The following "system()" R command didn't work for GRASS commands. I
suspect it is related to Mingw32 emulator, but to be honest I haven't got
yet to deep into UNIX-Windows programs.

Thank you very much for any hints for steps forward.

Michal

--
Michal Gallay

Postgraduate Research Student
School of Geography, Archaeology and Palaeoecology
Queen's University
Belfast BT7 1NN
Northern Ireland

Tel: +44(0)2890 273929