[R-sig-Geo] Good projection for N/S America?

Tim Keitt tkeitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:56:03 CEST 2007

Denis,

That's really useful. It occurs to me that we only really need a
half-dozen basic projections to cover 90% of user cases. Perhaps these
could be incorporated into the 'sp' group somewhere and relieve the
dependence on proj4. (It could be packaged separately for R  for the
other 10% of cases where its needed.)

THK