[R-sig-Geo] [R-SIG-Mac] Problems installing rgdal from source

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Sep 11 17:17:08 CEST 2006

On Sep 10, 2006, at 10:11 AM, Roger Bivand wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Jonathan Greenberg wrote:
>
>> I am going through some similar problems getting rgdal running on
>> macos x:
>>
>> sudo ./usr/local/bin/R64 CMD INSTALL
^^^
  +--- are you sure you have 64-bit version of libproj? Apparently
you're using 64-bit R, so 32-bit libraries won't work.

A common mistake is to have a library for one architecture (ppc and
ppc64 in this case, but commonly also ppc and i686), which then
passes a linker test, but doesn't contain any relevant symbols,
because they belong to another architecture. Just an idea ...

Cheers,
Simon