[R-sig-Geo] Recent highlights?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Oct 20 15:00:10 CEST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 08:12:25AM +0200, Edzer J. Pebesma wrote:
> Frank,
>
> you could get some inspiration from the pages Roger compiled: follow
> R home page -> related links -> R spatial projects.
>
> There's a number of packages that link R to GIS, and there are a whole
> bunch of packages either dealing with point patterns or with geostatistical
> data. One thing we're less active in is image analysis, or did I miss
> something?

Edzer,

not sure if this is interesting, as only partially R based:

Here at ITC-irst we are doing multitemporal satellite image analysis
for epidemiology using GRASS and R (and PostgreSQL). Basically
time series of land surface temperatures from MODIS (Terra and Aqua),
which gives us 4 maps per day (!). The amount of data to process is
in the multi-GB range.

Something is here (working on the pages currently):
http://mpa.itc.it/rs/
       -> MODIS

So, yes, it works well with a high degree of automation.
But it is not a R package of course.

Best regards,

 Markus

--