[R-sig-genetics] Defining populations for Arlequin input

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:12:51 CET 2017

Hello,

you can do this easily in adegenet, though there is no direct conversion
from the Arlequin format. Workflow would be something like:

1. read sequences using fasta2DNAbin
2. extract SNPs into a genind using DNAbin2genind
3. read your population assignment data from a text file using read.table
or read.csv
4. assign the populations to you genind using 'pop', e.g.
pop(x) <- the_new_pop

where 'x' is you genind and 'the_new_pop' is a vector of group assignments,
matching against 'indNames(x)'.

Check the 'basics' tutorial for more info:
https://github.com/thibautjombart/adegenet/wiki/Tutorials

Best
Thibaut

--
Dr Thibaut Jombart
Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College