[R-sig-genetics] simulation of consanguineous unions in human populations with R

Hinda Haned haned at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Jun 13 14:14:38 CEST 2008

Dear list members,

I was wondering if anyone had experience simulating non-random mating
human populations with R.

I want  to simulate the evolution of disease susceptibility loci under certain evolutionary scenarios and under specific non-random mating schemes.
For example, at each generation, p% of the matings occur between first cousins, offspring from such unions (must) have on average
1/16 of their genome autozygous.
I've been  exploring  simulation softwares  for a while , but they  offer limited  mating schemes, mainly because relationships between individuals can not be extracted.
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome !
Thank you .

--
Hinda HANED