[R-SIG-Finance] parma - How to add a constraint to the SOCP solver

u0055 at wolke7.net u0055 at wolke7.net
Tue Aug 12 06:24:34 CEST 2014

Dear R-SIGs,

I would like to optimize a long/short portfolio and
apply the constraint: sum( abs( weights )) = 1.
I'm using the parma package and it's SOCP solver.
I have heard via attached mail,
that it's possible to add my above constraint
to the SOCP solver by "the 'leverage' constraint".

Does anybody know the syntax for that,
or is there any R snippet available ?

Thanks in advance,
Uwe