[R-SIG-Finance] Formely known Rbloomberg package

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 22:59:54 CET 2014

> I fail to see any motivation for running the Bloomberg API on a non-Windows
> machine, since the APi client needs to run on the same Windows machine as
> the Bloomberg terminal.

I think I must maybe clarify. I am building web apps for portfolio
with all kinds of measures/simulation/reports. The main language to
compute is R. I need a data feed, right? I want one reliable and with
a lot of products quotations. R has already some package to retrive
data from Yahoo finance and many others{1]. But according to me, only
Bloomberg or SIX[2] are worth.
So my quest is a R package able to open connection to data vendor,
retrieve data and close connection.
All these things shall be OS independent and do not need any Bloomberg
terminal, am I wrong ?

[1]http://www.r-bloggers.com/financial-data-accessible-from-r-part-iv/
[2]http://www.six-group.com/en/home.html