[R-SIG-Finance] Formely known Rbloomberg package

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sun Jan 26 22:35:35 CET 2014

On 01/26/2014 03:26 PM, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> For now, I can not install this package  as it is windows only. So I
> need to make some changes to install it on my machine, right ?

The Bloomberg API only works on the Bloomberg terminal machine.  They
charge a *lot* more money for API access that is accessible
programmatically from multiple machines (like your linux machine).

So, even if you are running Windows in a VM on a linux host, you'll
still have a Windows install so that the Bloomberg applications can run.

I fail to see any motivation for running the Bloomberg API on a
non-Windows machine, since the APi client needs to run on the same
Windows machine as the Bloomberg terminal.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson