[R-SIG-Finance] Linux Commandline and Packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Oct 22 23:06:58 CEST 2012

Ralph,

On 22 October 2012 at 16:43, Ralph Vince wrote:
| I frequently use RKWard IDE. However, Ive been trying to run a script
| from the command line (in either Centos 6, or Ubuntu 10,10). I have
| all of my packages installed in ~/R/Packages, and am invoking
|
| ~/R/>R CMD BATCH ~/R/Work/myscript.R
|
| and, in doing so, it doesn't seem to find the installed packages ( in
| this case, quantmod and plan) as seen in the output:
|
| How do I get the comandline to recognize my installed packages?

One way is to use a file ~/.Rprofile where you can have commands:

   ## add local library path
  .libPaths(c("~/R/Packages", .libPaths()))

which prepends the path to the default settings.

See help(Startup) for more alomgh tjese lines.

| Thanks, Ralph VInce
|
| R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)

That is very dated. You may miss a number of recent / relevant packages.

Hth, Dirk